Industrial DesignerMarch 31, 2022
Tactile is a product and UX design firm specializing in design solutions for trusted professionals. We believe great tools cultivate meaningful experiences that can improve our working and living conditions. We’re guided by the principle that functional should also be beautiful and enjoyable.
For over 15 years, we’ve relied on building trust and collaborative relationships with our clients. When you start with a foundation of empathy, every project ends with a product that works for everyone. It’s the diversity of our employees’ ideas and experiences that inspires innovation in design. Tactile is made up of an exceptional group of people, spanning user experience, visual design, industrial design, and mechanical engineering. We look at product design holistically, knowing that a product isn’t just another project. It’s where intent and relevance intersect in order to solve real-world problems. Designers at Tactile find balance in usability, delight, and feasibility—it’s there that solutions to complex problems come to life. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn, and advance their craft. You will also be asked to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception in a more traditional industrial design sense as well.
As a mid-level Industrial Designer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception with design at its core. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn and advance their craft.
- Both independent and team-oriented to design and develop products and experiences for a wide variety of subjects.
- Driven to reach out to other designers on your team regularly to collaborate, learn, and contribute energy to the studio.
- Able to illustrate your ideas and communicate findings effectively in presentations/meetings, adapting style and detail level to client and project needs.
- Well-versed in design methodologies and display excellence at all stages of the design process, including early concept development, sketching, building prototypes, CAD modeling, rendering, and creating high-fidelity polished presentations.
- Motivated to conduct your own informal user research, market research, and usability testing to get to the heart of the problem.
- Grounded in your understanding of materials and processes and excited to push the envelope.
- Great at handling multiple workstreams with design direction.
- 3-6+ years of relevant experience working in product design
- BA/BS in Industrial Design or related training
- High level of proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools; CAD, Adobe, Keyshot, etc. (Expert CAD surfacing capability is a plus)
- Experience building physical mockups of potential design directions when appropriate
- Portfolio of relevant work examples
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills (Interest and ability to lead design workshops is a plus)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Enthusiasm to adapt to diverse projects and clients, from med-tech to industrial to consumer electronics
An inclusive, open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. You’ll fit in great here if you’re passionate, hard-working, and don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn more about us at www.tactileinc.com.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team, click APPLY or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org including your cover letter, resume, and a link to your work.