Senior Mechanical Engineer (Contract)March 31, 2022
Tactile is a product and UX design firm specializing in design solutions for trusted professionals. We believe great tools cultivate meaningful experiences that can improve our working and living conditions. We’re guided by the principle that functional should also be beautiful and enjoyable.
For over 15 years, we’ve relied on building trust and collaborative relationships with our clients. When you start with a foundation of empathy, every project ends with a product that works for everyone. It’s the diversity of our employees’ ideas and experiences that inspires innovation in design. Tactile is made up of an exceptional group of people, spanning user experience, visual design, industrial design, and mechanical engineering. We look at product design holistically, knowing that a product isn’t just another project. It’s where intent and relevance intersect in order to solve real-world problems. Designers at Tactile find balance in usability, delight, and feasibility—it’s there that solutions to complex problems come to life. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn, and advance their craft. You will also be asked to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception in a more traditional industrial design sense as well.
We are looking for Senior Mechanical Engineers (Contract-only) with broad experience in the product design environment and a curiosity that drives innovative insights. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from industrial design and electrical engineering to marketing and CEOs. We work on a wide spectrum of challenging projects that allow our engineers to leverage their strengths, learn additional skills, and pursue professional goals.
- Someone who finds intrinsic satisfaction in providing outstanding service to clients through innovative design exploration and execution.
- Interested in designing and developing products and experiences for a wide variety of industries including medical devices and tools for professional use.
- Able to convey your ideas effectively, adapting style and level of detail to the client and project.
- Comfortable participating in concept generation and working in a creative environment.
- An expert at working through ambiguity to bring definition to the product development process.
- Well balanced between having confidence in your own abilities and being open to the best idea in the room.
- A liaison between the creative and technical realms.
- Grounded in the engineering fundamentals, while understanding materials and production processes to achieve an innovative result.
- Great at handling multiple workstreams with some oversight and collaboration.
- 8+ years of relevant experience working as a mechanical engineer in product design.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- High proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools; Solidworks, 3D Printing, Hands-on prototyping to convey a concept, etc.. We have an extensive shop and will expect you to use it.
- Working knowledge of common manufacturing processes; Injection Molding, Machining, Sheetmetal, Casting, etc., and the ability to communicate through technical specifications.
- A portfolio of relevant work examples that exhibit concept generation, prototyping, what went wrong, how you fixed it, and what you learned along the way.
- Demonstrated verbal communication and presentation skills.
An inclusive, open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. You’ll fit in great here if you’re passionate, hard-working, and don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn more about us at www.tactileinc.com.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team, click APPLY or email us at email@example.com including your cover letter, resume, and a link to your work.