Senior UX Designer (Contract)March 31, 2022
Tactile is a product and UX design firm specializing in design solutions for trusted professionals. We believe great tools cultivate meaningful experiences that can improve our working and living conditions. We’re guided by the principle that functional should also be beautiful and enjoyable.
For over 15 years, we’ve relied on building trust and collaborative relationships with our clients. When you start with a foundation of empathy, every project ends with a product that works for everyone. It’s the diversity of our employees’ ideas and experiences that inspires innovation in design. Tactile is made up of an exceptional group of people, spanning user experience, visual design, industrial design, and mechanical engineering. We look at product design holistically, knowing that a product isn’t just another project. It’s where intent and relevance intersect in order to solve real-world problems. Designers at Tactile find balance in usability, delight, and feasibility—it’s there that solutions to complex problems come to life. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn, and advance their craft. You will also be asked to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception in a more traditional industrial design sense as well.
As a Senior UX Designer (Contract) at Tactile, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception, with design at its core. Through research and strategy, you’ll create sought-after digital products and experiences that matter. Working on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects with the opportunity for meaningful impact, while gaining new experience and continuing to learn and advance your craft.
- Well-versed in a broad range of design methodologies and display excellence at scale, across all stages of the design process – making wireframes, building prototypes, crafting high-fidelity visual designs, or supporting scaled production efforts.
- Able to illustrate your ideas and communicate findings effectively in presentations and client meetings, adapting style and detail level to meet client and project needs.
- Both independent and team-oriented, with the ability to design and develop UX and UI solutions for a wide variety of products and platforms.
- Motivated to conduct your own informal user research, task analysis, and usability testing to get at the heart of problems.
- Be responsible for managing a diverse range of work tasks and projects, including crafting, pitching, and/or validating design decisions made.
- Maintain the highest design standards, with special attention given to the smallest detail. And act responsibly in the execution of these standards, while also striving to continuously improve upon them.
- Assess changing project requirements and client needs in order to make necessary trade-offs and/or adjustments to your day-to-day workflow.
- Seek out user/engagement data, proven design patterns, and co-worker input to aid in your design efforts.
- Thoroughly and accurately document your progress and share your knowledge with others.
- 8+ years of experience working in product, software, and/or service design, with an emphasis on design systems.
- Proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools, including Sketch, Figma, and Zeplin.
- Impeccable attention to detail, with the ability to work creatively around difficult business, technical and resource constraints.
- The ability to manage large projects with repetitive design tasks with a high degree of focus, attention, and passion.
- Experience working on/for a diverse range of projects and clients, from med-tech, to industrial and consumer electronics. Spanning a wide range of platforms and product types.
An inclusive, open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. You’ll fit in great here if you’re passionate, hard-working, and don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn more about us at www.tactileinc.com.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team, click APPLY or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org including your cover letter, resume, and a link to your work.